Manual Handling Training / Courses in Galway:
To comply with the current Health and Safety legislation, staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in safe manual handling techniques. This manual handling training will show your staff how to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By training your staff how to conduct manual handling safely you are complying with your legal requirements. Back injuries caused by incorrect manual handling techniques are one of the most frequent causes of workers compensation claims. Book your staff on a manual handling training course today!!
Manual Handling training courses onsite & on demand in Galway.
Manual Handling training courses monthly in our training centre in Ballybane, Galway.
Call Ailbhe on 091524689 for information & availability on all Manual Handling Courses / Training in Galway.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
– Lift and handle loads safely
– Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
– Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
– Principles of levers and laws of motion
– Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
– How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
– How to handle loads safely
– Lifting to and from ground level
– Lifting to and from a height
– Lifting (bags, sacks, barrels, where appropriate)
– Other organisation specific lifting tasks
– Competence testing
Who is this course designed for?
All staff engaged in manual handling activities during their working day.
Methods of training
This course combines classroom methods with “hands-on” practical work with different types of materials.
Each participant will be assessed on their practical manual handling techniques.
On completion of the course there will be a written assessment and successful participants will be awarded a Certificate in Manual Handling which is valid for 3 years.
Duration: 3 – 4 Hours
Maximum No of Participants: 12 per Session