Jeep & Trailer
Your ‘B’ (Car) licence only covers you to drive a vehicle up to 3,500kg & trailer up to 750kg. If you want to tow a trailer with a gross vehicle weight of more than 750kg, you are required by law to hold a full ‘BE’ licence.
Advance Drive have a Land Rover Discovery 3 jeep and Ifor Williams box trail which is available for training and the driving test. In recent months the law is really being enforced. DON’T GET CAUGHT! Without the correct licence, You are not insured and could be prosecuted. Facing fines / points and even receive a ban from driving for up to 2 years .
To get the ‘BE’ / B+E (Car / Jeep and Trailer) licence:
1. You must hold a full car licence category ‘B’.
2. Pass your category ‘B’, ‘C’ or ‘D’ theory test (If you have passed the theory test in the past you DON’T need to do it again). To book your theory test go to http://www.theorytest.ie or call 1890 606 106 & book your theory test.
3. Fill out your learner permit application form for the ‘BE’ Licence & bring it to your local NDLS Centre in Galway, the fee for the learner permit €35 & the cert from your theory test (If you passed the theory test in the past & have already handed it into the Motor Tax or NDLS office they will have it on file. Your application is then processed and a learner permit is posted to your home address.
4. Apply for the BE / EB Driving Test on http://www.drivingtest.ie or by filling in the form & posting it to the RSA with the fee of €85.
5. Take some driving lessons to get you up to the standard the driving tester will expect in order for you to pass the ‘BE’ driving test.
If you have any questions or want to book a lesson call us today on 091 524689 or email us on email@example.com